Seminar goal

In business life it is extremely important how we listen and speak, how we lead business talks, create relationships with co-workers, how we strive to realize our needs, how we convince and influence others. Research has shown that only 7% of meaning in communication is conveyed by verbal messages, while the other 93% are conveyed by non-verbal and para-verbal signs, which we are often unaware of. Therefore, for the efficient communication it is important to gain control of what seems to be the blind spot in communication. And while in Germany or in UK even school-children learn to communicate, state their opinion, defend their opinion by arguments, or convince their interlocutor, in Croatia most of young experts and managers have not had a chance to improve their communication skills.

Seminar goal is the development and improving of communication skills, knowledge and competences that are vital for successful business communication. Through this seminar, participants will learn key competencies that modern employee must have – and techiques for mastering them, practical steps for developing their own skills. The training leader will pay special attention to the psychological and practical aspects of business communication applied to concrete business situations.

 

Who is the seminar for?

The seminar is designed for managers and experts of all levels, team leaders, the newly appointed managers and all others who want to develop their communication skills.

young-woman-1119479_640

After attending the seminar, participants will be trained

  • To describe and explain successful models and principles of business communication
  • To analyze, identify, detect and assess the correct and incorrect actions (errors) that occur in the business communication process and how to avoid typical mistakes
  • To apply successful models and principles of business communication
  • To build syntheticly their own business communication skills

Method

The training is organized in the form of workshops that are primarily oriented to experiential learning of the necessary skills. Our workshops are characterised by dynamic, interactive work with plenty of exercises that enable our participants to experience and practice directly the use of necessary skills. Besides that, during training, participants are constantly provided by feedback from the trainer. Participants are divided into teams of three or four that compete to each other. They are also constantly encouraged to exchange their experiences with their colleagues.
We use combined methods of learning:

  • Presentations of key theory concepts
  • Role-play
  • Video feedback
  • Teams competition
  • Study cases
  • Critical situations analysis
  • Discussions
  • Panels
  • Demonstrations
  • Brainstorming etc.

 

Duration

The optimal duration of the seminar is 8 hours.

From the content of the seminar

  • What is communication and why is it important
  • Creating a first impression
  • The noise in the communication channel: deletion, generalization, distortion
  • Body language
  • Creating a relationship of trust and understanding; (rapport)
  • Active listening and speaking
  • Communication by telephone
  • Communication via e-mail
  • Methods of influencing
  • How to give and receive feedback

 


 

Number of participants

The optimal number of participants: 8 – 12.